Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Akane Chapter 10


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

“Ranma!” He was hiding here somewhere. I looked around the empty storage room, he had apparently run into the girl's bath, again. I don't really care what his excuse was, he still needed to be punished. Then I spotted him crawling along the ceiling, trying to hide. “What are you?” I yelled, throwing the broom I had grabbed while chasing him. He fell, and I grabbed him by his hair.

“Ow hey! Akane!”

“Now, come on. There's a group heading out, and unless you want me to hurt you you're going with it.” I said, dragging him along. As far as I was concerned he was punished, but the other girls, some of them were a lot stronger and a lot nastier. I felt him sigh and allow himself to be dragged.


To be frank I hadn't been surprised the first time he had crashed in on the bath. It wasn't uncommon before for him to come barging in, or falling through the roof, or popping out of the floor. Sometimes he was obviously chasing or fighting someone. Actually it was most of the time. Still my reaction was to pound him and leave him.

Unfortunately, he barged in this time and was met by an array of energy blasts. The women put him in the hospital. Now I was supposedly his 'caretaker' to keep that from happening. I looked down at him, a long red streak ran across his face where the broom had hit him. He was pouting.

“So who were you chasing this time?”

“The old freak.”

“Uh-huh. And where was he?”

“He kicked me through those doors. He's probably in a pot or barrel somewhere.” I thought for a moment, and wondered if Happosai knew the level of danger he was in. He hadn't been caught yet, unlike the monk, or the cook. But I knew sooner or later he'd slip up. Ranma suddenly got up.

“Hey Akane, I heard we got these stone things that generate a lot of power recently.” I had heard something similar.

“What about them?”

“Apparently they're building something to locate the rest, sounds like they're going after 'em.”

“Okay.” He turned to me.

“I know you've been going out.” His face was so serious. “Be careful.” We had arrived at the delegation room, where people were sent out.

“Ah Ranma, recovered from your accident already?” I looked in, the board consisted of three people, an elderly man sat on the right, his long white beard melding with his white overcoat. He was Yamamoto, apparently leader of the Shinigami. On the left was a beautiful woman with long blond hair. At the center of her forehead was a small green mark. She was Tsunade, leader of a shinobi village. At the center was a young man, holding a pacifier in his mouth. He wore deep blue robes, and normally looked like a small child. This was Koenma. Tsunade had been the one to ask. I gave a disbelieving stare, since she was the one that had busted all his ribs when he crashed into the baths.

“Yeah, I jump back fast.”

“Good, we need you to run with the next group. We're low on scouts.” Yamamoto said calmly.

“And Akane's here too. We actually could use you, can you do basic first aid?” Koenma was giving me a stern look. I nodded slowly, I had patched up Ranma often enough and a lot of his wounds tended to be bad. “Excellent, we're sending your team fairly far and we're shot on medics.” No surprise there, very few people here had magical healing, or even regular healing capabilities. Even fewer were fit for the field. In fact I was pretty sure there were only three; Orihime, Sakura, and Chopper.

“You'll need this.” Tsunade said, handing me a kit. “And you better hold onto this.” She handed me a small device, it had a green radar screen on it and was beeping slowly. “The rest of your team will fill you in. Good luck.”

“Remember, you're going as the medic, try not to get into the fighting.” Yamamoto said. I nodded and went to tunnel five as instructed.


No comments:

Post a Comment