Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dimensional Warriors: Metudo's Story Chapter 10


Anatos initiated, leaping out from one of the bushes near one of the Solarus. They were of course expecting him, and a spray of bullets ineffectively passed through him. In an instant he had smashed three of the creatures to pieces. Almost at the same time Leukos and Lark began firing arrows from the woods, with surprising accuracy.

The Solarus countered by filling the air with bullets. I saw one hit the air in front of me and bounce cleanly off; giving me an idea. In my mind I formed a wall in front of me, then pushed it outward. I could see bullets stopping closer and closer to the Solarus, until the wall overtook them and they were flung aside.

I couldn't help grinning inwardly as I pressed my advantage. I reached out in my mind's eye and began lifting objects and throwing them, effectively barricading the Solarus out, and making a fairly clean path. Tech immediately bolted down, followed closely by Lark and Leukos. Then I saw Jato pull out of the underbrush and make a run for it, with Anatos trailing close behind. I moved after Anatos, envisioning a large wall behind us, following us.

As we ran, a hole opened up at the base of the mountain, and a large man was standing there. He was pulling us in as we reached him, and deftly swung the entrance shut behind us.

I was surprised to see a cleanly cut hallway, shimmering in the artificial light hanging above our heads.

“We got... Six more!” He yelled out suddenly. I could hear someone further in yelling in response. “Well, let's see. You lot look pretty tough, then again not too many people have managed to make it through those things ever since they started camping out around us.” He was much larger than I had initially thought, his forest green armor seemed out of place in the limestone entrance. He looked us over then held his hand out to me. “Name's Odin. I take it yer leading this little troop?”

“I guess so.” I said, before introducing myself and the others. He waved us in, and walked us into what appeared to be the main hall.

“It's been about a week since I woke up around here.” He began saying. “My... predecessor. Made most of this place before passing his power on to me.” I quickly realized that the hall was almost bustling with people.

“How do you support so many people?”

“It ain't easy. When people started arriving, a lot of them brought supplies with them. I found an old storage room about... four days ago that was probably left by the guy who made this place. Between those two things, and rationing supplies, we've been holding on so far, but unless you lot have anything we can use, we might be out of luck soon.” We did have a small amount of food left, but I hadn't expected it to last more than a few more days, and that was just with six of us; there had to be close to a few hundred people in here. Then I had an idea.

“Do you have a safe place where there's a good amount of light?”

“I could probably make one, why?” I pointed to Lark.

“All of us here have powers over elements. She's got control over plants.” Odin looked at me for a moment, then the pieces seemed to click together.

“About how fast do you think she can pull this off?”

“I tested it, I can get fruit to bear in a day or two.” Lark pipped in. “Especially if I use this stuff.” She said, pulling some of the loose twigs out of her bag.

“Right. I'll go open up the top of the mountain, get a nice large area. We might need to find a bigger water source though, as it stands the underground river might not be enough.”

“Got you covered there.” Anatos said quickly.

“Right, then we'll get this thing set up. I'll make sure the soil's nice and rich too. In the meantime Buck here will get the rest of you set up with rooms.” He motioned to a lanky young man who had arrived a little while ago.

“Maybe later for me, I want to talk with the person leading this colony.” I said quickly. Odin looked around and motioned to himself.

“I've basically been running this place from the get go. I guess you can just follow me then.”


Comments:

And so Metudo's group is all in one place. For those of you reading the Fan Fiction chapters, yes all of these little improvements will be covered in the normal course of the story.

Like I said though, Metudo will progress faster than Neko, mostly because it takes him a week to make it to the mountain, it'll be closer to a month before Neko's crew manages to wander in.

Now then it's another week, so let's get in another promotion. I'm thinking of getting a Links page set up in the near future to store these; but that is a job for when I have time. Like winter break.

For those of the Star Wars generation, I highly recommend Darths & Droids. It is a D&D styled web comic, where the storyline of Star Wars 1-6 are told from the perception of a bunch of gamers. It cracks a lot of jokes on some of the weaker parts of the first three movies, and is just about to move into the historic 4th movie. It is a must read if you enjoy Dungeons & Dragons, or Star Wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment