Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Dimensional Warriors: Neko's Story Chapter 12


“How in the name of the Goddess do you people live?” I sighed. Asuka was yelling at some of her torn clothing. I figured she'd get over it sooner or later.

“Well, we have a lot of clothes in here.” Pah pointed out, starting to drag some clothes out. “And anything that gets too damaged the others give to me.” Asuka grumpily looked over.

“Very well then, but I don't want to see the stitching.” She said, holding out a robe that had a small hole in the hem. I was about to warn her, but Pah had already shoved the whole thing into her mouth. It was kind of worth it to hear Asuka screaming though.

I couldn't help feeling restless, we were days away from where almost everyone had gathered, and we had been trailing these last two around in circles for several hours. It was like they were both insane or something.

“Lookit, they're obviously crazy, just let me run after them. I'll catch 'em in a half hour tops.” I heard Thorium saying.

“You can't throw them in a cage.” Raven replied sharply.

“What about me?”

“No setting them on fire either.” I sighed and sat up. “Why don't we split up, and try and circle around them.” I said finally. “Just send Pah and Thorium in different directions.” As we broke camp and prepared to enact our plan I heard whispering coming from nearby.

Looking around I spotted a familiar face ducking behind a bush.

“Moot!” I yelled, stomping my way over to the bushes. Hiding behind them were two people I recognized, despite the change in hair color. The shorter one was Moot, he had been a close friend of mine for a long time. He usually had a very regal way about him, it was rare to see him goofing off, but we all knew it was there. His hair had gone from a deep brown to a pitch black, at some point. Looking at him, he seemed to have let go entirely of any pretense and was having a blast.

Next to him was Zephos. He now had silver hair, but the jocular look on his face hadn't changed. He had always been a little screwy, so I wasn't surprised to see him giggling like an idiot. I gripped both of them by the scruff and dragged them out.

“I guess we didn't need to split after all.” Vyrse mentioned, seeing the two oddballs brought out into the open.

“Hey Neko.”

“Hi.”

“God, we were worried sick about you. Right Thorium?” Thorium gave a disheartened look over at the two, before shrugging and walking off. I rolled my eyes and helped the two up. “What happened to you two?”

“Not sure.” Moot said coyly, before bouncing up into a tree.

“Yeah we just sorta ran into each other.” Zephos said, picking at a leaf he had gotten from somewhere.

“I take it you both went through some sort of ritual?” I asked.

“Yeah, sure weird stuff.” Moot said, tossing a branch off the tree. Pah promptly caught and ate it.

“Who's this?” Zephos asked, watching Pah.

“She's Pahhur, back here is Asuka, Raven, Vyrse, and Syndil.” I said, pointing out each one.

“Quite a group.”

“It's going to get bigger, we're heading to where the people are gathering.” Moot seemed to consider this.

“Sounds good to me. I've been enjoying my new powers, but I think it's time I tested them on some actual people.” His body seemed to fade through the tree branch he was leaning on.

“Good, I guess. Come on Pah, we're heading out.” I said, walking past Zephos who was tossing branches at Pah and watching her eat them.


No comments:

Post a Comment