Monday, December 19, 2011

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Shadow Chapter 8



This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

“I am grateful” He said turning around to see his two guards, “that your master has seen fit to put me in charge here. However, because of that I am very busy. Why did you bring me here?” They held out two objects, one I didn't recognize, but the other was a Chaos Emerald.

“These came into our possession.”

“Oho! A Chaos Emerald, now this is a perfect use of my time.” He moved to pick up the emerald, but was halted. Both the orb and the Emerald were vibrating on their own, and drawing closer to each other; before long they flew out of the hands holding them, and collided.

As soon as the two objects came together, a bright light enveloped the room. I felt raw power burst from the unison. When it subsided the orb was gone, and the Emerald was larger, looking like a crystal. Inside I could just see three off-colored stars. The power it was emitting was so different than a normal Chaos Emerald. I estimated it was radiating the same force as all seven combined; yet even then it was different. Like it was free. Normally the Emeralds only respond to certain machines or people, like me or Sonic. This felt unbound, like anyone could pick it up and use it. I was taken out of my thoughts by Eggman's laughter.

“This is incredible. Go get the other seven, these Crystals will definitely wake up my greatest creation!” He held the crystal carefully, as if touching it burned him. The Armors left and I made my move.

In a flash I had grabbed the Crystal, raw power waiting to be accepted.

“Shadow! How can you still be alive!”

“You're lucky for now Eggman, I'll just be taking this; see you.” I gripped the glowing stone and allowed the energy to flow into me. I felt my fur stand on end. “Chaos Control!” In a second I was outside the city limits. But Eggman's voice blasted out of the speakers.

“Find him! Get me those Chaos Crystals! Release the Eggbots! Release the Demons! Release the Beasts!” I was about to warp again when a prone form landed a few feet away. He was short by human standards, though his black hair tried to make up for that. He was extremely muscular, and was wearing a blue wife beater and matching sweats. All of which was torn in several places. He coughed suddenly, sending a little spurt of blood up. He pulled himself up, looking around rapidly. His eyes looked over me.

“Super... Saiyan?” Then he managed to focus. “No... What are you?” He began getting up, but blood was pouring out of his backside. I moved to help him, but a black creature landed nearby. It had the same armor type as the Solarus, but this one was sleek. It's face glowed with an eerie red light.

“Still alive?” It spoke, confident, calm. “I guess you weren't an absolute waste of flesh then. Shame, I would have rather liked to see what kind of General you would make. But I guess all that is left is to kill you.” Energy began building up along its finger. I didn't wait any longer, and grabbed the man's arm; warping the both of us a few feet away.

Or at least I thought I had, the Armored man was no further away than he had been. I took off on foot, he lifted himself into the air, and kept pace with me.

“We, have to get out of here. He's strong. Too strong.” The man I was carrying finally began speaking.

“Right, hold on.” Anything that could keep up with me in my Super form was to be feared; especially when it looked so calm doing it. “Chaos Control!” I tried to move as far away as I could, place myself on the opposite side of the planet.


No comments:

Post a Comment