Monday, December 12, 2011

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Shadow Chapter 7


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

The streets were bare where I landed, I had hoped as much since I tried to aim as far from the explosion as I could. The street looked like it was built wide, to accommodate large vehicles. Along the sides seemed to be warehouses; lined closely together, like housing. I started moving across the gray city, towards the tower that reached high into the air.

I tried to keep myself hidden as I moved, on occasion I would come across an Armor; they sometimes spotted me, I silenced them instantaneously.

I came to a halt at the base of the tower, I could hear voices. Particularly a single booming one.

“How could you let intruders in here! You are all useless, this is why you will never ascend!” I peeked around the corner. There were a group of Armors, following what looked like it could have been another Armor once. However large pieces of metal were missing, in fact I had a hard time telling what was holding it together; as the boots seemed completely separate from the base of the spine, which was a small strip of metal, climbing up a few feet in height. Even the head was only a small chunk with eye-holes; it didn't even have a complete mouth. One either side of it were more creatures that looked like Armors, but were very different. These seemed to be made of silver, as their coloration set them apart from the crowd. They also had blades attached to their arms, were thinned down, and in almost all of the most important joints there was no metal.

I pressed back against the wall as what seemed like the leader began again.

“Now I want you lot to go find this second intruder, the Atlas says he should be right around here. I am going to go silence the noisy one. Guards.” He turned to his silver companions. “Bring me some of the converted demons. At the very least they could prove to be useful shields.” The other Armors began scurrying to their task, I realized I was in a lot more danger; but I still had my Chaos Emerald. Before they could leave the room I had warped up a couple of floors.

Again the area was empty. I had to thank whoever started the ruckus outside, the whole base seemed to be under lock down. I began searching the rooms as I went. Mostly I found computers, and some Armors. Most of them I either took down, or avoided. But as I climbed I came across something interesting.

There was a display case in one of the rooms, I slipped in to get a better look. In the center of the room was a white pedestal, under the glass in the center lay a mass of black. Smoke seemed to ooze steadily off of it. The thing was radiating power as it lay there. I put my hand of the pedestal while I looked closer, and felt something familiar. There was a slot etched into the machinery. I recognized the shape immediately; Eggman used it all the time in any machine he wanted to use the Chaos Emeralds to power. As if on cue I heard the door open behind me.

Blessing my speed, I managed to push myself into the ceiling as a large familiar man entered the room, two Armors on either side.

“Eggman.” I hissed under my breath. I could tell by his bald, pointed head, his large gut coated in his trademark red and black garb, his absurdly large red mustache that jutted a good foot out either side of his face. I pressed closer into the ceiling, hoping to get a chance to hear his plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment