Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fan Fiction Bonus! Vegeta vs. General Sai!


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.


I couldn't help feeling more at home here. Before that strange light things were dull. It was rare that something would go wrong, and when it did it was always ridiculously powerful and always ended with me, Prince of the Saiyans, beaten and insulted.

Since the light, the whole planet has been in chaos, with tons of opponents to pick at. They aren't exactly worthy, but it's far better than wasting away in the gravity chamber back home. Still, even these things are starting to get boring. Which is why I've been looking for the source. Usually something strong is waiting there.

And man did I find my fight.

The base was a strange place, a temperate zone in what was otherwise a frozen wasteland. Perhaps they thought the ice and snow would stop intruders. Regardless, the base itself looked more like a city, and if I knew anything about cities it was that people always show up if you blow up one of the buildings.

I was right, of course, the armored creatures poured out of the barracks towards me. Making them easy prey. Even some other odd creatures came flying out to give their luck a shot, they were even easier to finish off. In total it was turning out to be a pretty good day, I had chopped off a good hundred thousand at least; then it showed up. It looked much like the other armored creatures, but it was thinned down in a lot of places, it was seamless, sleek, it's eyes shimmered with a red light. But most importantly it was surrounded with energy. This was a strong foe.

I landed on a rooftop, the other creatures had stopped attacking and were now just watching. The creature flew over to meet me.

“State your name and business.” It said coldly. I just smirked.

“Prince Vegeta, last of the Saiyan race. Remember it well, since it's the name of the man that is going to kill you.” Its eyes seemed to shine brighter.

“Interesting. I will grant you the honor of my name. General Sai, 51st General of Master Avarus' Army.”

“I don't care, I'm not used to your kind talking in the first place, let's just get this over with.” I crouched preparing myself. It folded its arms, and an instant later was in front of me. With a second motion it backhanded me across the rooftop. I skidded myself to a stop and glared back at the thing. “Tougher than the rest, lets see how you like this.” I reached deep into myself, grabbing my rage and pulling it out like armor. My body lit up, I felt the familiar sense of overflowing power running through my veins. The air around me became golden just by my very existence. My hair shimmered and changed color to a light blonde, then again to a deeper yellow. The height of my power.

Now I stood and watched my opponent carefully. The light hadn't faded from its eyes at all, in fact it was even more intense now. I saw it move in towards me and reacted, blocking it's attacks as quickly as it could launch them.

The two of us continued like that for a while, however I soon realized that it had an inexhaustible body, while mine could only take so much before it gave out. I had yet to have landed a hit, and instead had taken a couple of glancing blows. I had to turn the tide somehow, so I broke the lock and put a decent amount of distance between us.

I focused and pure energy began firing from my hands, a familiar attack, and simple; but if the creature had no way to block or retaliate, the battle would be mine.

I couldn't help grimacing as it batted my attacks away with ease. I had hoped this wouldn't be that simple, so I readied my next strike.

“Final Burst Cannon!” I charged the blast with more than enough power to destroy a normal sized planet, and fired it. The creature didn't even try to dodge, but I hadn't expected it to. It's it was half as strong as I sensed it was, the attack wouldn't do much more than create a smoke screen, but that's what I was planning on.

“Final Impact!” This time far more power, but it was also pressed into a point, in order to pierce. I hadn't used this attack in a long time, but now was as good a time as any. I heard it land and waited for the dust to settle.

As it did, the creature still stood there, a clean hole in its gut. But it didn't seemed fazed at all.

“Anything else you would like to try? Or can I finish this up?” Now it has gone too far. I hadn't really wanted to use this technique since it would require most of my energy, and I would probably still need to finish off small fries and get back to safety, but if this thing was just going to laugh off my attacks then it needed to be taught a lesson.

“Final Flash!” Drawing all of my energy to one point, I kicked off with a little of my excess energy, stopping myself point blank. I unleashed the blast. Which went outwards leveling half the city in its wake. I grinned. “Nothing but ashes.” I felt something enter my backside as I spoke. A hand was reaching out of my chest, the same metal as that bastard. The hand left the way it came in, I felt my consciousness begin to fade, blood was now seeping out of my two wounds. I grabbed hold of my mind, and focused, my transformation was fading, but I still had some energy left.

I tried to fly away as fast as I could, get out of there, get stronger, come back. My usual plan. It appeared above me, kicking me into the dirt outside the city limits. I looked up and saw someone standing there. They had golden hair, standing on end.

“Super... Saiyan?” I asked, but even as I did I began to see it wasn't human. “No... What are you?”

“Still alive?” I heard the armored creature behind me. “I guess you weren't an absolute waste of flesh then. Shame, I would have rather liked to see what kind of General you would make. But I guess all that is left is to kill you.”

I felt the golden person pick me up.

“We have to get out of here.” I said, desperately clinging onto hope. “He's strong. Too strong.”

“Right. Hold on.” We were moving, amazingly quickly as he said that. “Chaos Control!” I heard him call a move, and suddenly felt myself moving at an amazing rate.


No comments:

Post a Comment