Saturday, December 31, 2011

Dimensional Warriors: Tech's Journal Entry 2

Next

Planet: Earth composite.
Day: 4 days since planet was created.

I met my first research subject today, Leukos. A bit of an excitable person, but an excellent test subject and an even better power source. Initially I took advantage of his seemingly magical ability to produce electricity so that I could run my machines. I even used the spare battery parts in the lab to construct something he could charge, just by putting it in his mouth.

This of course gave me a chance to use my own powers. The only physical gift given to me was my new arm, and with it I managed to make a small collection of nanobots. Just for the purpose of data collection.

Of course the first set I put into Leukos instantly shorted out, so I instead made some out of rubber and some trace minerals; the idea being the charge inside Leukos was so great it would even force non-conductors to work. I was right of course. Within a few hours I was getting readings.

The first thing I noticed was that his body did not act like a solid. Every cell was active, almost like a gas held together by an invisible force. His skin, in fact, was only loosely solid. There were comparatively large gaps in the connecting atoms, and the compounds were vibrating constantly. On close inspection, the vibrations are noticeable to the naked eye. The excess energy generates a low light source, and his form seems inconstant. Like he is behind a veil of some sort.

I theorize that with a little focus he could break himself into a pure rush of energy, allowing him to travel as fast as any surrounding conductors allow him, pending of course on electrical fields. When I explained this to him, he didn't seem to understand at all, and wandered off. So I called him a tosser and went on with my work.

Speaking of electrical fields, there seems to be a thick one surrounding him, it was likely this that shorted my first nanobots, and probably would have done the same to me if I hadn't been wearing rubber. Yet it seems either he controls the field, or more likely, the field itself has some strange sentience. I must look into this further, but I don't have the resources as of now.

Instead I will work on using my remaining materials to create a comfortable sleep mask. I can only assume the low light Leukos produces will be irritating when it is lights out tonight, and without wanting to tear my clothing my resources are limited to some left over rubber, the surrounding rock, and a pin I found wedged in a socket of my arm, presumably to do detail work, which helped in making the nanobots.

Next

No comments:

Post a Comment