Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dimensional Warriors: Neko's Story Chapter 11


“What the hell!? The only person who is supposed to be able to pick that up is from the Selfless Lineage.” The girl was now yelling at the top of her lungs. I however had been distracted by a tremor that seemed to have run up the mountain.

“You feel that right?” As if to confirm my fears Syndil had crouched next to me.

“I think the Armors below are trying to cut through.” I whispered back, the girl was still screaming her head off at Pah who was backing away slowly. Another tremor shook the entire place.

“The mountain's coming down!” I called out, hoping it would shock her enough to make her stop. It didn't immediately, but on the next tremor her mouth hung open as if she lost her words on the spot.

“Shit.” She cried out, bolting into the back of the room and grabbing objects furiously. “We'll finish this later, right now carry that thing down and let's get the hell out of here.” Pahhur had recovered her spine and was tying the second sword to her loose belt.

“Alright, you two, hop on.”

“What?” She turned around and motioned with her hands.

“I'm gonna carry you down.”

“Pah, you're not planning on jumping are you?” Syndil stated the obvious.

“Y-No...” She wasn't looking at us, but had a shit-eating grin slapped across her face.

“I swear to god Pah, if you just jump down with us the penalties will be egregious.” I said, lifting myself onto her back. Syndil held on to the other shoulder, and the other girl ran up behind us.

“Let's get out of here!” She yelled, jumping straight off. It wasn't until we were free-falling that we realized Pah had followed.

We fell for quite a while, the ground wasn't even clearly visible at first.

“Hold on tight, I'm going to try something.” Pah said calmly. I felt her hand move out from under me. She held both arms out below us, and fire started to burst forward. Our decent was being slowed. However I had lost sight of the girl a while ago, I couldn't tell if we had passed her, or if she had just kept going at full speed. This was of course remedied when a few feet from the ground I felt her collide with my back, sending Pah sprawling face first into the dirt.

“My name is Asuka.” She said, after we had gotten clear of the mountain and regrouped. Syndil was applying some first aid to the scratches on Pah's face, but it wasn't too necessary; none of them were really bleeding.

“I am the new Goddess of Light.” She continued. “I was tasked to protect that blade until it's owner, Donare came to retrieve it. I guess it sensed the dire situation and allowed Pahhur to carry it for now. In that case, it should be alright if she holds onto it until it can be delivered.”

“Well, mark one more person saved.” Thorium said happily poking at the Atlas. “Only two left, and they're traveling together.”

Next

Comments:

Well I'm a good week ahead, and what a week. Look forward to a third compiled chapter of Akane's story going up on FF.net soon, as well as two compiled Shadow chapters in the same location. Also, big goal is getting a full book 1 of Metudo's story published on Amazon, bound together with some pages from Tech's personal journal.

The holiday season is upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment