Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dimensional Warriors: Metudo's Story Chapter 12


“How could you lie? Why?” Dispair, anguish, fear. It was choking me, this emotion. “Herm. Why didn't you tell me you were still alive?” I looked up, my vision blurry. I saw a young woman, a beautiful face; floating there. She was so sad.

“I didn't want to hurt you.” She said; her long red hair clinging to the side of her face. My body moved, and slapped her. I woke up.

My room was dark, just a light phosphorescence in the corner. I felt cold sweat running down my back. The vision had been intense. My powers were growing exponentially.

A few days had passed since we arrived at the mountain. The tunnels had been completed, and in just a few days our numbers had swelled by the hundreds. Using my powerful mind, I had often coordinated teams to head out and find survivors and bring them back. We have had very few casualties so far, especially since Tech has managed to put together some basic rifles. Food has also ceased to be a problem, Lark's trees were incredibly fertile, and have produced plenty of food.

I thought back on my vision. That was Antigon. My eldest cousin. The only remaining Herm out there. He sounded ashamed of his new body; this wasn't good. This vision had felt very close to one of my earlier ones; I was sure that Herm and her companions would be bringing us tools to fight back. It would be dangerous for all of us, if she isn't comfortable with herself.

That's when a plan began to form in my mind. I got up to go talk with Odin.

The diamond exterior had been a recent change. Odin had done it only a day or two before we had arrived. Personally I would have preferred a tougher exterior, like titanium; but Odin couldn't work with metals and had to focus on natural stones. Not even Tech could do anything there, since he had a general lack of resources. But I had a few ideas now that I wanted to bring into action.

“So, you want me to remove the lookout platform?” Odin was watching me carefully.

“Yes, if we're bring people in through the tunnels all the platform becomes is an opening. Meanwhile I can feel the presence of people and to some degree Solarus, so I know when someone gets close enough to grab.” He seemed to be considering.

“I also want you to work with Tech, find a strong substance, or make one, that will let the sun in but protect the sun room from outside attack.”

“That might be difficult.”

“We also should reconstruct the outer layer of diamond so that it is structured for maximum toughness. You might want Tech's help with that too.”

“Sounds like you want the impossible...”

“No, I just want to make sure we're safe here. I know you can do it, I'm going to get to work getting my own shields up. I want us able to withstand a nuke and not even feel it.” With that I headed down the corridor, leaving Odin speechless.


Comments:

Firstly I want to say I am almost finished writing up every chapter for the winter break. Meaning I'll be focusing on the compiled pieces next.

Next I would like to talk about an oddity among the web comics I read.

Misfile is a strange creature for me. I got brought in due to the gender bender issues of the main character, but a lot of the central storyline revolves around things that would normally cause me to write it off. The story focuses around a guy who has become a girl, probably permanently, and another girl who has lost two years of her life (meaning she's two years younger.) This occurs due to a misfile in heaven just before the guy responsible gets kicked out. So he is the only one who knows and cannot go back up to fix it. This is where things get odd for me; I'm a Pagan, and as such I usually find most Christian related subjects to be preachy and anger inducing. This one isn't. It treats Christianity like any other mythology and even touches in on some homosexuality. I approve this mainly because whoever is writing it is promoting the idea that Christians are not all bible beaters; which I think is important for those of us who are non-Christians to realize.

Anyway I highly recommend this web-comic and I'm gonna quiet up on this before I shove my foot in my mouth as I am apt to do. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment