Monday, December 5, 2011

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Shadow Chapter 6


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

I had managed to warp to the forest's edge and now was making breakneck speed across open, tilled fields. No crops were growing, and the entire area was a hodgepodge of open dirt and thick fields of wild grass. There were many times I would have to spin, just to make a path through the overgrown golden stalks.

Days passed according to the artificial lights above; and the fields showed no signs of stopping. I warped every few hours, but with no solid knowledge of what was ahead, I couldn't make as large of a jump as I had earlier. Fortunately, not all of the crops in the area were dead. I managed to find more than enough to keep myself alive; but the further I went the colder it got.

Soon I was running across permafrost, fortunately I had stashed several supplies I had found, as the next few days were hellish. Though much sooner, within perhaps a day, I came to the edge of a cliff. Below lay a paradise. The light above seemed to be permanently on, the ground was a crisp green, perfectly cut in a circle around a high walled city. Looming at the center was a tower, climbing piercingly high. Even from here I could see a mass of black specks moving throughout the city below. I carefully laid on the ground, trying to get a good grasp of the layout.

As I watched, an explosion flared up from one corner of the city. The entire area went into alarm, troops were moving erratically. I had no idea how it happened, but I saw my chance. Deftly I warped into the city.



Comments:

Yeah extremely short chapter this time, just felt it was a good stopping point, but like I said earlier, much like Metudo; Shadow travels through events much faster. Next week will be far more interesting with a few reveals, including this arcs main villain. Though they are the main antagonist in the fan fiction only. The main story has a very different climax to this arc.

Speaking of arc, I think it's fair to warn everyone, I have planned roughly four large scale arcs for this story several with many smaller arcs inside. Pahhur's books will be published when I reach the end of one of these arcs in the blog.

I'm also going to be compiling and selling Neko and Metudo's story by the mini-arc on the Kindle for 1$. I am currently looking for editors that would be willing to help clean up the pages, they will get a cut of whatever I make selling these. Details to be worked out later.

Similarly, the fan fiction chapters are going to be compiled and cleaned up, by me only, and posted in 5-10 page intervals on a few fan fiction sites. This is simply for the ease of the readers, the blog will always have the most recent story chapters, I'll probably get all of this started once winter break starts for me and I have the time to sit down and work on it. Which is in about two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment