Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dimensional Warriors: Neko's Story Chapter 10


“Okay, I can understand you, but why do I have to come along?” I was hanging lamely from a rope while Pah climbed. Over the last few days we had managed to make great progress thanks to the carts and other things Thorium began making, but when we got the base of the mountain it was decided only a few of us should go up. The rest should stay below and keep an exit available.

“Because, they decided it would be safer if the non-fighters came with me.” Pah retorted down. True enough Syndil was tied a little below me. At first, we had all been climbing, In fact, both myself and Syndil were doing better than Pah. But once the mountain shifted from a vertical climb to a horizontal overhang, Pah was the only one with tools. Now, the two of us were hanging uselessly.

Despite the extra weight, Pah didn't end up having too much trouble lifting us the rest of the way up. Below us we could see our friends fighting off the Armors. I felt the rope give a little and grabbed onto the edge instinctively.

“Intruders!” I heard a woman yell, I lifted my head to see what was going on. A dark skinned woman in a flowing white robe was standing at the top, in her hand was what looked like a bow, but I couldn't see any solid material. Almost like it was made of energy. Pah had just barely tied the rope to a tree when she attacked. I quickly hefted myself and Syndil up. The woman seemed hesitant to fire again.

“We're not with the Armors.” A burst of energy passed close to Pah's face as she spoke.

“Obviously not, the barrier wouldn't have let you in. I want to know why came here.” She held the weapon tightly.

“We're just here to get you to safety.” I said calmly.

“I am safe here.”

“I don't know how safe you'll be once they finish shooting through the base of the mountain.” Syndil said, looking deftly over the cliff's edge. The woman lowered her weapon a bit, I noticed her eyes flicker and followed them. I had assumed behind her was a cave of some sort, but after noticing her reaction I spotted paved stone just inside. I moved a bit closer, and saw some statues built into the walls.

“Obviously you're not that safe here, why don't you just come with us.” Pahhur said, apparently regaining her determination. The woman lowered her weapon.

“It's not that simple. I cannot leave here.”

“Why not?” She sighed and motioned us to follow. “I am the new Goddess of Light. I-I must fulfill my teachers wishes. I have to guard this shrine, no matter what.”

“Wait, but if you die, won't that also be bad?” She looked back at Pah.

“Yes, light, color, would vanish from the world. But this place is as important.”

“Why?”

“Because, of this.” We had entered the central chamber, in the center lay a blade.

“A sword?”

“Yes, this is an ancient weapon, it is the only the wields the power of all. It is the only tool that can negate Avarus' power.”

“Then why don't we just grab it and go?” Pah said, gripping the hilt of the blade.

“NO!” But it was too late, Pahhur had frozen up on the spot. As if she had been petrified. The woman cursed. “The sword has several enchantments on it, the strongest of which prevents any old idiot to pick it up. It's even strong enough to stop Gods. Only Donare was made to wield it.”

“Will Pah be okay?” I was touching her pulse to check.

“Yes, it won't kill a God, but she may be paralyzed for a few days.” She irritatedly moved further back into the cave and came out with something that looked suspiciously like a crowbar. “Help me with this.” She said, motioning to Pah.

“Gyah!” Pah suddenly yelled out, stepping back a bit. “Oh god, that hurt.” She muttered.

“What happened?” Syndil asked, crouching down to help Pahhur up.

“I have no clue, but I touched the sword and a voice started talking in my head. Like it was testing me or something, but I was so cold.” She shivered. There was a dull clank on the ground, the woman had dropped her crowbar; and was staring at Pahhur. Then I saw it too. The blade was now tightly gripped in Pahhur's left hand.



Comments:

Yes, blade of legends. Now Pahhur has two swords, so she can swing twice and wildly. :D

Poor Neko, left out of getting a weapon again.

Anyway, I want to take a moment to say; Finals Blow!

No comments:

Post a Comment