Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dimensional Warriors: Metudo's Story Chapter 11

Next

BOOM! An explosion made the earthen walls shiver. I looked at Odin for a second, before running off to find the cause. We had just finished getting Lark and Anatos set up so that in a day or two we'll have enough fruit to feed this colony, we were discussing what to do going forward, when the explosion interrupted us.

It didn't take long for us to locate the source either, we just followed the smoke and found Tech. His face was soot covered, but he was still putting chemicals and equipment together.

“Ah, I thought that would get you two here.” He said, spotting us as he turned. “I need a larger room than this. It will do for a bedroom, but I need something perhaps closer to the underground stream for my work room.” As he talked he dumped a couple of chemicals in a flask, which began bubbling violently.

“I would just as soon keep you away from our water supply.” I said. He pouted.

“But I need an energy source for most of my inventions; and I can't seem to find Leukos.” I looked over at Odin; who sighed.

“Alright, we'll get our water from Anatos.”

“But, on one condition.” I said quickly. “You have to make stuff that will help us stop the Solarus first. No distractions. When they are cleaned up, we'll relocate you to a nice volcano or something.”

“Fair enough, could I get Odin's help then. I need raw materials to make weapons. Which should be the first thing we do, the people here are terribly under-armed, and a small group of us are not going to suffice.” Odin nodded in agreement and set out to prepare the room. I sighed and moved on to find my own room.

It was plain, not much more than a hole in the wall, and some sand for a bed. I put my sleeping bag down after pushing the sand aside, and began to think. Now we were safe, or at least more safe; but what we needed was a way past the Solarus now standing guard around us.

I thought until morning, and talked to Odin about it.

“Maybe we can build tunnels out of here.” He suggested. “I can make it so the entrance is impossible to open from the outside.”

“We'd need lookouts, in case other survivors make it here.”

“I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, you and Tech should get to work on a counter-offensive. We can't sit in here like canned sardines for the rest of our lives.”

“We may have to.” I said quietly. “Their numbers are absurd, even now we've likely only seen a fraction of their forces.” As I spoke I reached out with my mind, trying to locate their source; but even at my limit I could only see the usual small groups; but I was surprised to notice how many survivors were still out there. “We need to fortify ourselves here, at least until the last survivors make it. We also need to grow the garden some more.” Odin gave me a confused look. “There's still roughly a few hundred thousand people out there. That might not last if we wait though. Get to work on those tunnels.” I said, getting up and moving on. “I'm going to go find Leukos and Jato.”

Next


The important question is how are they going to find room for all of those people.

Yes, this is a big turning point for Metudo, he is steadily gaining control of a colony now; and has to start making the hard decisions.

This week I'd like to talk about another World of Warcraft based comic, even though it is hard to tell that. Looking for Group.

Initially it was just about this undead warlock who is incredibly funny and who entertains himself by making fun of a Blood Elf. Fast Forward to current day, the Blood Elf is leading a massive war against oppressive forces, and the warlock still is the center of attention.

Technically it is a World of Warcraft comic, but after the first few pages it diverges so much from the game that it kind of is its own thing now. Particularly when you look at the spells and abilities the main characters use, for a lot of them there is no coherent link to WoW.

Also things to look out for, Ted is going to be putting up his first video piece soon, so look for it. This will be more of a test to see how embedding video works and what we have to do; so bare with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment