Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Akane Chapter 3


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

I heaved a sigh as I sat out on the ledge. Odin was checking up on the sleeping people, and Ryoga couldn't watch both directions at the same time. The wind had whipped up as the sun began it's afternoon crawl. The air was getting cold, I was starting to miss my winter clothes.

As the sky turned orange I noticed someone wandering below. He was a somewhat tall man, wearing robes. At his hip were sheathed three swords; he looked completely lost.

“Hey!” I called down to him, he dispassionately looked up. “There's an entrance right near you, come on up. We can give you some shelter!” I called down to him, after a moment he looked away and began wandering off. I followed him with my eyes as he circled the mountain and out of my sight.

“Hey!” I heard Ryoga call down. After a few seconds I heard him growl. “Don't ignore Akane!” I heard him clambering up the low railing, ready to jump and moved to stop him; but by the time I had rounded the corner he was already airborne and diving fist first. The other man just watched Ryoga fall with his one good eye.

An instant later Ryoga's punch was being held back by a sword the other man seemed to be holding casually out. He seemed surprised.

“Why didn't that cut you?” He finally spoke in a gruff voice. Ryoga meanwhile was shaking his hand violently, a small stream of blood seeping out of a thin cut along his fingers. “Devil's Fruit?”

“What?”

“Did you eat a weird fruit like thing sometime?”

“A what? Why would I do something like that?” The man gave Ryoga a closer look, as if sizing him up for the first time.

“Then I guess I should try harder.” He began drawing his second sword and I called down to him.

“Wait wait wait wait! You guys don't need to fight!” I had realized the type of person he was. “We've got sick people in here, and could desperately use someone as strong as you to help protect them from those armored things!” The air hung heavy for a minute while I prayed I had made the right move. He stared at me for a while, then smiled and sheathed his swords.

“If that's the case then I'm sure Luffy will be by here soon.” He said, more to himself than to us. Ryoga sighed and moved towards the mountain. I walked back to my post, but a few minutes later I heard Ryoga calling out from below.

“Akane! I can't find the entrance!” I sighed and went down to let them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment