Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Akane Chapter 4


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

A flash of light, and the light clink of metal touching metal. A few seconds later the targeted slab of rock falls into six pieces.

“Wow. So you really do use all three of those.” I complimented our new tenant. Ryoga had made a quip about the guy's three swords; rather than let it turn ugly, Odin pulled up a slab of stone to let the guy show off. Surprisingly he put on of the blades in his mouth, and a few seconds later this was the end result. I hadn't even seen him sheath his swords.

“Well, that settles that. I'm Akane.” I said cheerfully, trying to open up to him.

“Zoro.” He retorted.

“Eh! Another swordsman?” I heard Ichigo's voice coming from behind us. He was gripping a small black badge with a skull on it. Around the badge I could see black energy seeping out.

“You got your powers to work?” I asked, trying to defuse any potential hostility.

“Not yet, this is the best I can do.” He said, grimly looking at the badge in his hand. “That's why I came down to check out the new guy. He seems perfect.” I looked confusedly from Ichigo, and then spotted a curious smile playing on Zoro's face as well.

“What do you want?” He asked, his smirk dancing on his face.

“I'd like to spar with you.” Ichigo said quickly. “Normally when my power gets locked up, I need to face death to bring it back out.” Zoro's smile widened.

“So. You want me to kill you then?” A hand was already on one of his blades. Ichigo tightened his grip on the badge, holding it like it was a sword.

“If you can.” I backed away quickly, and moved to Odin.

“Well, you two could use the room downstairs, the walls are enforced with diamond; so they shouldn't break easily.” My mouth hung open.

“They're going to kill each other, and you're going to let them!?” I was just a touch below screaming at this point. Odin shook his head.

“They aren't going to kill each other. You can tell by the look on Ichigo's face. He knows what he's doing.” Ryoga nodded an agreement.

“Look, if you're really that worried, you can go with them and keep an eye out. There are some medical supplies near where the stream runs under the mountain. I remember seeing them there.” I made up my mind and followed the two downstairs to keep the damages down; I could hear Odin leading Ryoga back up to keep watch.

As I followed them down, we passed one of the rooms holding unconscious people; and I hear a noise come from one of them.

“Hang on, I think someone is waking up!” I said, grabbing one of the florescent stones near the entrance to see more clearly.

I heard a girl cough a bit, then sit bolt upright. Her short black hair hung around her face. She was wearing a black robe and rubbing her eyes trying to wake up. She jumped up the minute she didn't recognize her surroundings.

“Wait, where am I?” Then she saw me holding approaching. “Who are you?” He hand grabbed around her waist for something. “Where is my sword?”

“Rukia?” Ichigo called in, now having reached the entrance.

“Ichigo?” She relaxed immediately. “Ichigo! Where's my Zanpakuto?”

No comments:

Post a Comment