Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Akane Chapter 5



This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

“You don't have your Zanpakuto?” Ichigo said, I looked from one to the other, they seemed to both have very heavy faces.

“Can someone explain this to me?” I finally asked; causing Rukia to look around Ichigo and see me.

“She can see me?” She asked. Ichigo seemed equally confused; but eventually sighed and sat down. I followed suit.

“Alright, I guess I should start from the beginning. Rukia is what is called a Shinigami, or Soul Reaper. Her job is to go around destroying creatures called Hollows and passing dead souls on to the next world. Somewhere along the lines I was granted the same power, but in order to use it I basically had to separate my soul from my body.”

“Right” Rukia cut in. “And thus why I'm confused, my Zanpakuto, my sword, is a piece of my soul. It should never be separated from the rest of me.”

“Are we going to do this training or not? 'Cause I could use a nap.” Zoro called in from the doorway.

“Training?”

“Yeah, I think I might be able to reawaken my powers by facing death. You know, not unlike the last three times it worked.” Rukia sighed.

“Maybe I should watch, we might find out why my Zanpakuto vanished.” The three of them headed down into the training chambers, I decided so long as someone was watching I didn't necessarily need to be there and headed up to the observation deck.

Night had fully fallen, Ryoga was snoring from a hunched position. I found a blanket and wrapped it around him before looking back out into the darkness. I hoped for his sake that Akari was still alive.

I heard something, and began circling around. In the distance I saw some trees shiver and fall. There was a whirlwind approaching us. I shook Odin awake and pointed out to it. After a while we could see there was a person in front of it. But it was too dark out to see them too well.

A few minutes later though we were able to tell the whirlwind wasn't chasing the person, it was being created by the person. As they reached the base of the mountain the form stopped dead and began leaping up the rock face. As it approached I could make out a somewhat thin frame and tanned skin before it stopped dead in front of me.

“Kagome?” The young man asked, his nose twitching rapidly. “No, you don't smell like her.” His long pointed ears twitched a couple of times, at this distance I could see the tips of his canine teeth poking out from under his lip. As well his hands and feet were both topped with long curved nails. One hand even had a gauntlet on it, with golden claws extending over his hand. He wasn't wearing much in the ways of clothing, but his torso and important bits were covered what looked like fur armor. He had similar braces on his legs and arms.

“Sorry I wasn't who you were looking for.” I started carefully. “But if you'll...” I hesitated and saw he had a bag on his back. “What's in there?”

“Oh, a couple of layabouts I found on my way here. I thought I had smelled Kagome, guess I was wrong.” He opened the pack and gently laid out a couple of sleeping people. They also had pointed ears and fangs. Next to them he laid out a pack of what seemed to be food. “Can you look after these guys? I'm gonna go look for Kagome or Ayame some more.”

“If you wait here, most likely they'll be heading this way.” Odin said. The young man paused, considering.

“I'd really rather keep moving. I'm kind of worried; but if I find some more people I'll be sure to drop them by here. Thanks!” He yelled, leaping off the side.

“Thank you for the Food!” I called after him. Inside the final pack had been several pounds of dried and salted meats. We were suddenly much better off that before.
 

Comments:

So close to winter break!

No comments:

Post a Comment