Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Shadow Chapter 15


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

I woke up coughing. We had warped, but where was a hard question. I shook Sonic awake.

“Where are we?” He asked looking around at the icy landscape.

“Feels like ice floats, meaning we popped ourselves out into the middle of the most frigid part of the ocean.” I said. This wasn't good, both of us would need to recover strength before we could warp again, and the best we could hope to do in this wasteland was break even; and that would be with food. The two crystals we had were drained, and if prior knowledge served, would take a day or two to recover.

I deftly ate the last of the bread I had grabbed in case of emergency; trying to think about how to get off this rock when Sonic started wandering away.

“What are you doing?”

“Gonna go exploring.”

“Idiot, our best chance is to sit still and recover our strength to the point we can warp.”

“Yeah but I'm bored.”

“Suffer a little then!”

“Like you would know the meaning!” I realized I was seconds away from decking him, wasting precious energy.

“Fine. Go. I'll tell them there was another casualty.” I said, sitting back down. I tried to calm myself, but he sat next to me.

“Did you really not feel anything? Seeing her?”

“I watched my closest friend die before my eyes... twice. What do you think?” I was annoyed, and was probably hiding in my childhood tragedy, but I was also cold, and didn't want to think too hard.

“You know what I think? I think you do care. You just like to act tough.”

“And what about you? Always running away once the threat is over.”

“Eh, just like being free. People start relying on you too much and you loose the ability to be free.” I sighed, now I was getting bored.

“Alright, we'll do one lap around the ice floats, we might find something useful.” I said, getting up and dusting off the snow.

“Now we're talking. I'll go this way, you go that and we'll meet at the other side.”

I had to admit it felt nice, feeling the wind whipping through my spines. Even if it was frigid, my body was warming itself up with the activity. So I picked up my pace, feeling the ice crumbling from the heat my feet generated as I neared my top speed, until something physically snapped my body prone.

The orb in my pouch had locked onto something, I desperately pulled it out, to keep it from ripping its way out. My hands could barely hold it as it strained against my grip.

It flew a good few feet before crashing into the ice. For a moment nothing happened, then a pulsing green light filled my vision. Floating in the new crater was the green Chaos Crystal, 4 rusted stars sitting in the center.

“Sonic!” I called out, I knew he was close.

“Hey! I thought we were going to meet half...” He stopped as he saw the Crystal. “You found the matching Emerald!”

“Yep! Let's get home!” I said, holding the Crystal out to him.


No comments:

Post a Comment