Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Battle Beneath the Tower. Chapter 2

For all his smiles it was obvious he was feeling ill. I stepped up and got things organized while he quickly laid himself down inside the plane. Tech was going to be remotely piloting it, while Leukos and Zephos kept the machine afloat.

I shivered a little as I got on board; we had a very few choices, and according to Tech we'd be going halfway around the planet in a very short time. Indeed it was only two hours of painful silence before I saw us move over the marked location on the ATLAS.

“First Drop Point!” I called, feeling the plane shift as it began its circular route. Pahhur and Odin vanished through the door. Soon after we were over the second mark.

“Second Drop Point!” Jato gripped Moot and the two jumped through the open hatch.

“Third Drop Point!” Anatos and Lark. I nudged Metudo, handing him a parachute.

“Fourth Drop Point!” Asuka pushed past Metudo, and with a heavy sigh he followed. I turned to Leukos and Zephos.

“You two be careful, okay?” I said. I felt Thorium dragging on the back of my shirt. He had always wanted to take me sky diving.

I screamed, all the way down. I felt my bag slipping off and began flailing. It wasn't until I was facing the sky and seeing the bag falling behind me that I calmed down at all. I didn't know why, I was still falling at an absurd pace. But as I thought I felt the wind whipping around me ruffling my feathers slightly.

My brain backpedaled as I twisted my head around. Wings in place of arms, I wanted to slap myself for being so stupid.

With a little too much grace, I flipped back over and caught some air under my new wings. I saw Thorium open his chute below, and suddenly wanting to show off, I took a dive.

With inhuman speed I zipped past him, I could hear him yelling behind me, but didn't pay any attention. On instinct I opened my wings, almost stopping in midair before landing in the ankle high snow below. Two seconds later my unopened pack landed next to me. Thankfully other than the chute there wasn't much in there.

“Show off.” I heard Thorium say behind me. “That wasn't even really sky diving! You flew, yer supposed to fall!”

“Too bad.” I retorted, dusting the pack off and pulling out my gloves. In the distance I could see the tower rising up toward the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment