Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Akane Chapter 12


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

If I had thought I was alone in the darkness before, that thought was pushed from my mind the second a demon leapt out of the consuming darkness. I was fortunate that my energy was fire based and I had used a fallen plank to create a torch; otherwise I wouldn't have seen it coming.

I backed against a wall, feeling more than seeing the presence of other assailants. I heard gears shift and threw a blast in the direction of the sound. The cave lit up with the explosion, I counted eight demons and two robots before the light faded.

I pushed away from the wall, holding the torch like a sword. I took a deep breath, preparing.

“Come on you cowards!” I yelled into the darkness, inspiring the creatures to strike.

The first demon had the misfortune of getting a mouthful of my torch. It's head lit up like a candle, and it ran into the darkness screaming horribly. I spotted another opening, and sunk my fist into the creature's gut, launching it into the far wall. With that step forward, I was being surrounded, so I swiped my torch around, catching another demon on fire before getting a clear shot at one of the bots. It exploded, lighting up the cave again. I saw more had appeared, but I also saw a tunnel going further in.

I pressed my attack, setting fire to anything that came too close as I pushed into the tunnel. Fortunately I hadn't run into Solarus yet, in these close quarters it would be hard to dodge their shots. As I fought backwards, I felt the small orb I had been given vibrate. I was close, so I took it out of my pocket, holding it out behind me as I fended off my attackers.

It slipped from my hand suddenly, but a second later a blinding light filled the cave. It eventually became a deep blue color, I reached out and grabbed the blue stone with five purple stars in the center.

Energy immediately filled my body, my skin felt like it was on fire. It was so much I felt like I could burst.

All at once the cave, the enemies, and the ground vanished. My eyes refocused on the crater that I was at the center of. I had no idea what had happened, all I knew was I was suddenly exhausted.

“Akane!” Chopper had rushed to the edge.

“I have it! Here!” I yelled back, tossing him the stone. He rushed down and picked me up easily.

“Get out of here!” Urahara said, skidding to a stop near us. His shoulder was bleeding freely. The Beast still towered in the sky. “I'll hold it here.” He said.

“You can't! Not with that wound!” Chopper yelled back. He just grinned down at us.

“Go pick up Sesshoumaru and treat him.” I was handed off to Gohan, who was breathing heavily.

“We're heading out.” He said, flying down low enough to pick up Kakashi. I saw Knuckles below us dragging Chopper and Sesshoumaru away.

“They'll die.” I said, struggling a little. I felt a hand on my backside, then darkness.


No comments:

Post a Comment