Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Battle Beneath the Tower. Chapter 10

Next

Odin
My face clenched as I pressed myself against the rough cut walls. Barely five minutes after officially digging into enemy territory and we were already in trouble. Apparently there was an entire cavern down here, filled with ruined buildings. Pah fell down a trap door almost immediately, and almost as soon as I began tunneling after, I got attacked.

Cautiously I peered around the makeshift corner into the darkness that my small torch could not pierce. I scanned the open room, assuming whatever was down here could see just fine. I spotted a tendril of darkness reaching towards me second before it cut into the wall I had just ducked behind. It bent, formlessly following me, I turned, giving it my armored shoulder. Thankfully I heard it scrape across, just cutting into the metal. But it rapidly turned to again strike, fortunately its speed had diminished enough that I could move out of the way and start putting some distance between myself and it.

As I backed away I saw what looked like the full body pull itself around the corner. A mass of darkness, lurching slowly, a small eye glistened in my torchlight. I wouldn't have a better chance.

I rapidly pressed my free hand to the ground, focusing on the earth around me. I tried to recall rapidly how to do the one move I had learned.

Diamond Coffin!” I called its name, hoping that would help me remember. All the same my yelling seemed to stall the creature in front of me; long enough for my energy to take hold. A familiar feeling flooded my body as the ground shifted; the ground peeling upwards and smashing together around the beast. Then a second set, a third, fourth, five layers. By the fifth one I could feel the pressure in the center, strong enough that the innermost layer would in time become diamond.

Satisfied I dusted myself off and looked around; holding my torch up to see as much as I could. Suddenly my torch went flying. In the dancing light I saw a tendril reaching around. Following it I could just see the darkness seeping out of the cracks in the wall I had made before the torch hit the ground and went out.

Next

No comments:

Post a Comment