Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Battle Beneath the Tower. Chapter 8


Metudo
Asuka was already several feet away by the time I unhooked myself from the chute. I could guess why she would want to, but it wasn't like I was in control of my powers yet. I hurried my step to try and catch up, only to trip in the deep snow.

By the time I had struggled my way out of the death trap, she was already down the cliff. Stumbling forward I found a slight path leading down. Desperate to get out of the cold I lunged forward, breaking free of the frozen sludge, and overshooting the path by a good inch. I stumbled a bit, and began tumbling down the cliff; landing in a heap at the base.

It took me a few minutes to get up and check myself for any real damage. Fortunately, other than a few bruises, I was in good shape. Ahead I could see Asuka, her light drawn into a thin rapier, facing down the oncoming hordes; and she was slaughtering them. They were still not in firing range, but with every swing of her blade the front lines would pop like peeps in the oven. I awestruck as she finished off the last of them and continued daintily onwards through the carnage.

I shook myself out of my stupor and hurried to catch up.

What was that?” I asked, breathing heavily. She didn't even stop, just kept onwards. “Look, I don't know how many times I have to say this, but I'm sorry about the thing in the room.”

That, spectacle, was all I needed to understand you. Now if you insist on performing this charade, follow behind me, and do not deign to touch me with your powers.” As she finished she leapt into the air, landing easily on the top of the high wall.

Great.” I muttered, conjuring up an image of a platform underneath me and lifting it, as well as myself, up to the top of the wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment