Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dimensional Warriors Fan Fiction: Battle Beneath the Tower Chapter 5



This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

My hand shook as I pushed the door open, I looked around trying to make sure our combined families weren't hanging around. They always seemed to be hanging around us whenever we even begin to get close.

Thankfully as Ranma slipped in there seemed to be no sign of anyone. I sighed as I closed the door behind me and returned my attention to the matter at hand. Ranma had already sat down and was examining the dish we had gotten.

Sanji was well known to be probably the best cook in the building, so I had no doubts about its taste, but the sheer amount of chocolate coating such a variety of fruits, veggies and pastries; I felt like I was going into sugar shock just looking at it. Ranma grabbed one of the fruits and unabashedly gulped it down.

“Man does he know how to prepare food.” I joined her, and indulged myself in the chocolate bliss.

Within ten minutes all that was left was a light sticky mix of syrups congealing on the sides of the pan. Ranma leaned back, sighing heavily as she did. I just caught her staring at me before she hurriedly looked away.

“Hey Akane...” I leaned back as well, stretching out into the dimly lit room.

“Yes?”

“In a week or so, this'll all be over right?”

“What are you talking about?” I rolled over a little to get a better look at her. She still wasn't looking at me, and I could barely see her face for the shadows.

“We're going to war right?”

“I guess you could call it that.” She looked at me, I could see her eyes trembling a little.

“Don't go to the front lines. Don't even fight. Please.” I felt my gut wrench shut. “Akane. After what happened last time, please. I know you're stronger now, but the field is going to be a blood bath. I don't... I don't want to loose you again.”

“I'm sorry.” It was my turn to look away. “I can't stay here. I... I have the strength to protect people. As a daughter of the Anything Goes Tendo School of Martial Arts its my duty to fight. And... I want to.”

“Akane...”

“No Ranma. Listen. Before you arrived I was the strong person, everyone looked up to me. Then you and Ryoga, and Shampoo, Ukyo, Mousse, hell even Konatsu all showed up. Suddenly I'm the one everyone has to protect. I'm not delicate dammit. I don't want to be protected. I was raised fighting, I grew up with ideals about helping others and being a good person. Something I don't know how you even vaguely understand considering who your father is, and how he raised you. So No Ranma. I am going to be in this fight, whether you like it or not.” Silence fell for a few minutes as we stared at each other. Finally she sighed and looked away.

“Fine. Then promise me something.”

“What?”

“Don't leave my side. I'll fight better knowing where you are.” I smiled at her, but before I could reply my door caved open and our combined families fell in, some holding cups. Nabiki broke the silence.

“Alright, nothing to see here. They weren't even making out.” She started ushering people out, but my father hung behind.

“Please tell me you won't actually be going on that horrible field!” He was practically begging.

“Sorry Dad. But I made up my mind. I'm a martial artist, and it is our duty to protect the weak. You guys just wait here where its safe.” Eventually Nabiki dragged him out, slowly, followed by Ranma who shot me a sad smile before leaving.


No comments:

Post a Comment