Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Battle Beneath the Tower. Chapter 12


Thorium
Shit, Neko was already in. Guess it's my turn to show off. I grinned as I poured more energy into my weapon, slamming it into the ground. The Solarus approached rapidly, hopping to take advantage of the sudden break in my attack. Unfortunately for them this was exactly what I was hoping for. As they approached I drew a path with my eyes, leading out from the embedded ball. Seconds later metal lines whipped out of the center ball, growing outwards and skewering Solarus easily. As it went I was able to grow the lines thicker by absorbing the metal of the now dead Solarus; I persisted in chaining the line together, growing it larger, soon it crashed into the far wall like a wave, smashing the comparatively feeble concrete.

With a little focus I retracted my weapon back to its smallest size and easily walked along the cleared path into the city.

And you call me a show off.” Neko said as I picked my way over the rubble. I shot her a grin, but even as I did a single shot flew past my ear. Just down the ally I could see a Solarus. A few differences registered rather quickly, first it was slimmer than the others and was even missing armor in some places, second it was holding a pistol rather than the usual machine gun, third I could see a blade tied to its hilt.

Thorium, go, I'll hand this.” Neko said, extending her claws.

No, you go. I can take care of this.” I said, pulling my chain taunt. She looked at me for a moment then sighed.

Alright, we fight it together. Let's make this fast.” She bolted down the street, easily bounding from side to side as she dodged the Commander's shots. Not wanting to be left out I began barreling after her, charging down the middle and trusting her to keep the opponent's view filled.

Re-actively it drew its blade, just barely stopping one of her claws. With a careful flip she kept her momentum and carved her other hand into its shoulder and pulling the creature with her. Seconds later she was hidden behind it and it was trapped and exposed; allowing me to smash my chain through its top half.

It crumpled to the ground and began vanishing as Neko stood up and dusted herself off.

Come on, we still have a job to do.”


No comments:

Post a Comment