Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Akane Chapter 13


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

I woke up back at the base. Tech was working nearby.

“Where am I?”

“Tech labs, isn't it obvious?”

“Okay, why not the hospital?”

“You weren't badly injured. But something happened out there, and your body is still showing traces.”

“What are you... the Crystal?” He walked over to me, slapping a sensor on my forehead.

“Precisely! As you may know the Crystals unlock hidden potentials, and bring the user up to a new level of power. However my radar showed an extreme spike in energy followed by an immediate drop.” Chopper tells me when you got a hold of the Crystal you caused some form of explosion. I want to find out why.”

“Can I go?” He gave me an indignant look.

“Fine fine, but first can you hold this?” He handed me the yellow Crystal. I felt power flow steadily into my body, nothing like the sudden surge and burning sensation the other one had.

“Good, that is a normal reaction. Overall power enhancement, if you tapped further you'd be plumbing new depths. Now, take this one.” He said, taking away the yellow one and handing me the blue one. Immediately I felt like I was bloated on energy, my skin started burning. Before it could release he took the stone from me.

“One last one.” He said, handing me the red Crystal. I felt like I was holding ten yellow crystals, I was overwhelmed, energy wanted to pour out of my body, the sheets covering me were crisping up around me.

“Spectacular. I think I've got it. Energy imprints!”

“What?” He sighed.

“Each of the elements has a different imprint to it. Each person's individual imprint can be placed under one of these twenty-four imprints. These gems have an odd imprint, but that is because they are a mixture of imprints. I'd say between three and four apiece. Now, each element reacts differently with the other elements, you have a fire based imprint, the yellow gem gives you a neutral response, basic increases in power. The red gem matches your imprint, and actually gives you more energy. The blue gem has the opposite imprint, causing a form of poisoning, where it draws in your power and radiates it violently outwards.”

“And they would react differently to different people...”

“Exactly.”

“Well that's all good, but I should get going. I'm sure we've still got more of them to find.”

“Not necessary, the last team was just sent out to pick up the fourth Crystal. The remaining three are confirmed to be in enemy hands.”


No comments:

Post a Comment