Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Battle Beneath the Tower. Chapter 14


The awkward melee began, despite only being pieces of one creature, each piece was quick and powerful. I was fortunately quick-footed and for the most part managed to just barely dodge the larger blows. Thorium, however, was not holding up so well. His first instinct was to set up walls and protect himself, but despite whatever he managed to put up the limbs tore through it like it was paper.

We needed to end this fast, most of us were getting thrashed and even through Leukos and I had superior speed, we were wearing down. Unfortunately the pieces didn't give me much time to think, as both a hand and the codpiece swept past me, one after the other; forcing me to spin in midair and land clumsily on my back. I brought my hand up just in time to stop the incoming knee, but did not manage to react to the low flying codpiece as it made a return pass across my face; leaving a deep gash across my cheek.

Dazed, I stared upwards as my hand barely held of the knee's pressure. Eyes were staring back at me. I blinked once, quickly pushing the haze out of my mind. Floating near the ceiling was thin helmet and torso.

“Up there! The main body is up there!” I yelled out. As soon as I did the assault ended as the pieces converged above us, concealing the creature's weakness. Fortunately, Lark had already spotted her mark and let loose a small volley, followed closely by Leukos' own set of arrows. The varying pieces were quickly pinned against the roof, the head and torso having moved out of the way.

I winced a little as I sat back up. Everyone looked a little roughed up, but still working. In fact they seemed to be a little too well off. I didn't have time to complete that thought as a veritable storm of body parts began raining down on us.

It took seconds for the mass of pieces to pin the lot of us down. Slowly the head and torso floated down. A small platoon of hands clapping as it did.

“I am surprised at the fight you put up. But did you really believe you could fight one of The Master's elite units from the inside out?” It hovered over us slowly, seeming to take us all in. “It has been a long time since I have had any form of workout, so I must thank you for making it this far; but this farce must end. Now if you will wait patiently, I will deliver you to The Master's presence.” It began floating towards the doorway when a voice shook the very floor.

“That's far enough!”


No comments:

Post a Comment