Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Battle Beneath the Tower. Chapter 11


Neko
I felt like the wind rushing past me was carrying me, lifting me higher. My wing filling with air. Wings? I turned my head and noticed I had begun changing without realizing, my arms had long, thick feathers coming out, my bag was falling below me, so I turned a little half circle before pulling into a dive. The speed was amazing, the flight was amazing, being locked up in that base seemed like hell now.

I landed perfectly, arm outstretched as the bag landed cleanly in my grip.

“Show off.” Thorium muttered behind me, and I just smiled back.

“We better get going.” I said, slipping the bag back over my shoulders.

It was eerily quiet as we walked through the frigid forest, we had not planned for snow up to our knees.

“So, end of the world 'eh? I always knew I'd go through it at yer side.” Thorium said. I couldn't help laughing.

“I don't think this is the end.” I said. “But I'm grateful that you're here.”

“Same here, at least I don't have to deal with annoying people. Like Pah.” I sighed.

“Yeah, she's probably warm underground right about now.”

“She'd probably be warm regardless.”

“True. You think Jato and that kid, Marcus are...”

“Oh definitely. I heard 'em last night.” I chuckled. The gossip was keeping us warm, or at least thinking we were warm. Until the temperature did change; very suddenly. The snow stopped at the edge of a cliff, below was a field of green. In the center was a high walled city.

“Here we are...” I said. “And here comes the welcoming party.” Thorium already had his chain out and was beginning to spin it.

Not nearly as many left here as we thought.” He said. I could see him contemplating this fact.

Probably for the best, we don't have much in the way of large attacks.”

Speak for yourself.” He said grinning before he jumped down the cliff. As he did the weight at the end of his chain began to grow by the second. I jumped down, letting the wings I still had carry me closer to the field. By the time he met the front line the ball was spiked and larger than a Solarus. He swung with a wide arc, swiping away several at once. I swooped in a little lower, just high enough so I could land safely, and let the wings retract into smooth muscle.

I landed on my feet, claws out, and began tearing through the horde. I felt my body's energy soak some bullets, but no more than I had expected, in fact several less. As a dance I leapt around my foes, cleaving them apart as I went, my claws cutting through them as if they were made of paper; I maintained my momentum and reached the wall in no time. Not wanting to slow down I charged the wall, spring-boarding off a Solarus before sinking my claws into the top. With a small heave I daintily hopped over into the city.


No comments:

Post a Comment