Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Battle Beneath the Tower. Chapter 15


“Tech!?” I managed to yell out.

“Don't worry Neko.” The ceiling lit up suddenly. “I'm in control.” Tech's face filled the screen.

“Impossible!” The creature yelled.

“No, just lucky. Your body is far more technology than anything else, and now I have complete control of everything that your corrupted soul isn't attached to.” As he spoke I felt the limbs over my body go limp and brushed them off. The creature slowly sank, a single set of parts coming together around it to form a full body.

“What's happening!?” It cried out.

“Simple, your main power is one that utilizes dimensions. It's what has been patching together this planet, it's how you were able to store the animal life in a pocket dimension, it's how you're able to hold a false sky over our heads, and the computer systems allowed you to control all those individual body parts. Now I'd like to show you a little something.” As he spoke the roof split open revealing the cloudy sky above. Slowly sunlight broke through as the clouds dissipated. Then a line appeared in the sky, and a starred sky opened above us. Slowly we could see some enormous chunk of metal drift away from the planet.

“Welcome to this planet's natural sky.” Tech's voice came on again. “I'm currently releasing the stored animals into their own natural habitats and reconnecting the planet to its natural tectonic plates; with a few exceptions. If you'll look to your left, you'll see a wonder of technology in action.” As he spoke the horizon filled with a diamond plated mountain, though slowly the diamonds faded and vanished.

“I'm not finished yet.” The creature stood, a dark blade dancing in the starlight; it charged after me.

I nimbly moved out of the way despite the aching of my body, my spirits were suddenly much higher. It closed distance with surprising speed. I quickly blocked its blade with my clawed left hand; and using the control afforded to me I pulled the blade aside and let loose my own attack; demolishing the thing's head and upper body with one well placed blow.


No comments:

Post a Comment