Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Battle Beneath the Tower End.



Odin
I drew in a harsh, rasping breath. Trying to listen over myself for anything. I must have been fighting this thing for hours now, and it was showing no signs of relenting, despite the extensive damage the two of us had done to the cave's stability.

I heard rubble shift and moved around the corner again, pushing against the column I had found, hoping to collapse it on top of the creature and buy some time. I heard a loud squeal as I assumed a chunk of rock hit the creature before the entire pillar fell. I bolted down the empty streets, as I did I felt the ground shaking beneath me.

Looking back a little I saw the pillar had cracked a hole in the floor, a dull red glow seeping into the room. The creature wormed its way around the fallen pillar and began after me again, but now there was a little light I could see by; and I knew where to get more.

With a little effort I punched a few holes in the ruined remains that littered the cave, stone walling, foundation, marble, anything that would leave a hole. As I expected the floor rapidly started caving in, unfortunately so did the ceiling. I saw the creature fall into one of the holes, and decided not to stick around.

Neko
As I relaxed my fist, I felt a shudder run through the tower. Looking down on the starlit streets I spotted long cracks spreading out into the city. A second later, the ground shifted downwards.

“Get out of here! The whole place is coming down!” I yelled to the others as they were already in various stages of fleeing. I ran to the edge, focusing my thoughts on wings as I took off over the crumbling city.

Below I could see the few remaining Solarus falling into the glowing red cracks. I made a rapid pass, and saw Jato carrying Moot out towards the others who were gathering around Odin. I began landing as I returned to a normal form.

“Is everyone here?” I asked, counting heads with my eyes. “With me we're at eleven...”

“Pah fell further down while we were underground. She's probably still down there.” I turned to see the tower and the city sinking slowly downwards. A large flame burst through the city's center as it sank, soon more flames shot through the crumbling mass as it all sank into the earth. Magma flowed up, swallowing the city whole, leaving nothing but a cloud of dust and a hole in the earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment