Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dimensional Warriors Fan Fiction: Battle Beneath the Tower Chapter 7



This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

It was weird, being teleported. I felt like I hadn't moved at all, but the scenery around me had. There was now a patch of picture perfect grassland in the middle of an enormous field of snow. The horizon was filled with the looming forms of both the tower and the mountain. I could see ships launch into the air, and soon after several demons move to retaliate. The battle had begun.

The Mobian Army had been given the chance to design weapons they felt comfortable with, while this meant many were running in unarmed, several were carrying everything from blades made by Thorium to guns made by Tech. Leading the charge were Jato, Moot, Sonic and Shadow; I was set to be right behind them, along with the rest of our stronger forces. They seemed to be talking amongst themselves for a moment. Suddenly Sonic called Sally over; they talked for a moment, then she nodded and turned to the rest of us.

“Mobians!” I could feel every head turn towards her. “I know what you all are thinking. I know how the other races treat us; but this isn't something we haven't faced before! Remember, we are the survivors; we survived Robotnick's purge, we survived his villainy, and we survived. We will survive here too! I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw the young ones, orphaned by these creatures, running in our streets. Unless we win here, they have no future! So we are going down there, and we are going to win!” I yelled with the crowd, feeling better about our chances now.

“Well said Sal. Let's go kick some ass!” Sonic said, more to the other four than to the crowd. Even so that was all the signal any of us needed as we charged in behind our leads.

Seconds later we faced the fray. Bullets rained down on us as we closed the gap. Thankfully Moot and Jato soaked most of them, letting their strange power drain rather than take any physical power. We only needed seconds of that to close the gap. Soon bullets of our own were flying across the field; Sonic and Shadow immediately bolted in, leaving a wide path of destruction as they went.

I shifted to my Kung Fu Point, using the extra strength in my arms and legs to tear down the opposing forces. Then I saw something; like a large fist, plowing through Solarus and Mobian alike. I recognized the black plating and looked around. Sonic and Shadow were gone in the crowd, and that thing was beginning to tear into our forces. I saw it bulge outward to prepare another attack and instinctively pulled out my rumble ball; immediately I focused on the monstrosity I wanted to become and felt myself become larger.

Despite my sudden enormous growth when I moved to block the oncoming attack my fist was knocked aside easily. The opposing fist shrunk down for a moment, becoming hard to see in the crowd of now very tiny people, but it was soon obvious as a metal form grew outwards, rising up to challenge my height.

It looked very much like a normal Solarus, except for a few missing pieces in its armor and a silver arm plate on its left arm; that and being roughly the same height as my monster form. It caught me off guard as I stared at it, its fist growing again before pounding into me and sending me reeling backwards. I felt my mouth fill with blood and spat some of it out towards the cliff. It was dangerous to fight here, the people below were pulling away, trying to give us room to fight, but if this got any rougher it wouldn't be enough. I had to pull it towards the cliff, or else towards the city.

My jaw soaked another blow as I thought, but as the next one came in I was ready. I ducked under the blow, and moved to knock its legs out from under it. Suddenly, its legs were gone, then back again as if nothing had happened. Stunned it's other hand connected with my solar plexus. The ground cratered beneath me, and I could feel my body shudder with the sudden damage.

It settled on top of me, pressing me into the ground. I shook myself from my daze, and made to obvious choice; I reverted back to my normal form, almost immediately freeing myself and moving out of the way of the towering fist. It shrunk to match me, now we had a clear field, but I knew it was much stronger than I was. I tried analyzing it with my Brain Point as I looked for a weak spot.

This was easier said than done as the creature wouldn't stand still for long and quickly moved in to continue going fisticuffs with me. I dodged as best I could as I kept carefully watching, looking for something. The arm plate? It was different than the rest of the armor. I pondered for a moment, ducking another blow and rolling out of the way. It was stronger, faster, and able to change its form more rapidly than I could. The only thing I could come up with was dangerous at best. I checked my pocket briefly as I made some distance between myself and the creature. It was still there, the small pill I had been working on. It hadn't been tested yet, but it should work.

My options weren't good, and frankly it couldn't have worse side effects than my old Rumble Ball used to have. I had enough distance now, and popped the round green ball into my mouth.

“Rumble Energy!” I said, biting down and swallowing. Immediately I felt energy fill my small form. I could almost see the light green energy pouring off me. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.

“Beam Point!” I pressed my hooves together in a fashion similar to Goku's and sure enough energy poured out, forming a beam in front of me. The creature, had fortunately come up close, and took the blast at point blank. When the last of my energy faded out, I couldn't help but cheer. “A beam! A beam!” I danced a little before noticing the silver armband that was still sitting in the dirt. As I stooped to pick it up a wave of exhaustion overtook me, and I fell into the dirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment