Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 2


Odin
The next few days passed slowly. Jato and I were almost the only ones on duty, everyone else having suffered some form of damage during the battle. Out of boredom I took to prodding Pah's floating form around the molten lake below us. After about a day I could see that most of the external bruising had vanished completely, but she still seemed to be unconscious. That is until she grabbed the bottom end of the pole, I could vaguely hear her screaming below, likely curses. Looking down she seemed to look around a little before diving down.

A few moments later she resurfaced, her two swords in hand.

Metudo
I felt Pah approaching long before she actually arrived and smiled as she entered into the main tent we had been using for the past few days. Strangely I still couldn't probe out her memory of what happened, and as she sat down to eat I began to wonder if she even recalled what had happened.

So, you're finally up?” Neko said, sitting down across from Pahhur. “What happened to you out there?” The red head cast a dark look over to Neko.

Nothing.”

You're a bad liar, you know that right?”

I got into a bit of a fight. Obviously I lost. That's all.”

You mean you know nothing about the portal?” I said. Her head snapped up to me.

You mean that thing's still open!” She seemed torn between rushing out of the tent and finishing her meal, but solved the conundrum fairly rapidly by stuffing the entire plate into her mouth and rushing out. I followed at a distance as she rushed back to the platform. She simply charged straight ahead, until she slammed against the barrier around the portal, bouncing backwards with a hollow thump.

There's a barrier.” I said, walking up to her.

Thanks for the warning.” She said, getting up and rubbing her sore bottom.

Tech should have it down in a day or so though.” She sighed and started leaving again.

Let me know when that happens. I've got some serious ass to kick.”


No comments:

Post a Comment