Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dimensional Warriors Fan Fiction: Battle Beneath the Tower Chapter 13


Before I begin, a little news. I want to swap the spots of the main story and the fan fiction story. So the FF story will be running straight until Thursday this week and the Main story will pick up on Saturday. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

Akane
The rain belted down on us as we spread out. The streets below were flooded, scraps of metal and bodies floated with the current. A lot of our troops were retreating to the cliffs, trying to gain higher ground as the cement and tight packed earth served as a bowl. The rooftops were still safe for now, but we were rapidly loosing time. An explosion above us shook the ground, the floating roof that Ranma had traveled up to was crumbling apart. Much more than that I couldn't see. Another tremor ran through the earth, and the sunlight began vanishing. Through the clouds I could just barely see what looked like an array of lights slowly floating away, into space. The rain fell heavier than before.

“Akamaru!” I turned and saw Kiba nearby, he was clinging to an enormous dog I hadn't seen before. In fact I hadn't seen any animals before.

“Kirara!” That was Sango, again a small kitten in her hands.

“Tech must have gotten control of the tower and released the animals.” Shadow said, pausing for a moment. I didn't quite follow, but I nodded anyway.

“Where are we going to hit this?” I said, Eggman's machine was still powering up while we were waiting patiently.

“We are not. The others are going to.”

“But.”

“Trust me. We have a plan.” As he spoke a white flash came from the leg closest to us. I could make out a few shapes firing energy at the base of the leg. Soon similar explosions lit up the night air. The turrets began responding with surprising speed and accuracy. “We're going.” Shadow said, grabbing my arm and lifting me onto his back.

I have never traveled faster than the speed of sound before, and as a first experience I never wanted to again. We bolted straight for the nearest leg. It was beginning to crumble from the combined assaults at its base. As a result the sheer wall was slanting slightly. Apparently just enough for Shadow to get traction.

“When we crest the top, I'm going to throw you at the center. That will keep the momentum, and if we're lucky your strength will be more than enough to break through.” Shadow said, just before bolting off the top of the tower and tossing me. I barely had time to register what had happened before I could see Eggman's cockpit rushing towards me at an unholy speed. Instinctively I shifted feet first, and with a little force of will moved my body so I would land something closer to a kick.

My foot hit a wall of metal, and kept going for a while; leaving a deep dent in his capsule. Unfortunately it was not enough. The edges of his small platform opened up, spraying bullets towards me. I managed to duck just in time. I heard Shadow hit the capsule as well.

“Shit, what did he plate this with!” I was just surprised he had time to talk with the turrets firing. I stayed flush with the ground, managing to rest just below the turret's line of fire, I could feel the bullets clipping my hair. I tried to build a fireball, but the constant rain kept putting out my flames. Frustrated I tried to think of something. As I did, the metal below me began to feel warm, it was absorbing my heat.

“Shadow! Get somewhere safe!” I yelled. My idea wasn't the greatest one, but it would have to do. I planted both hands firmly on the metal plating as far from myself as I could and began trying to make a fireball. With nowhere for the energy to go, it became heat, and the heat was absorbed by the plating. In a few seconds steam started to fill the air around me as the heated metal was being cooled by the rain. I tried to maintain focus and not hurt myself, but already I could feel my front burning. I heard a popping noise come from one side, then a creaking sound below me. The entire piece of metal I was lying on slowly shifted downwards, cracking and crumbling under my weight seconds before I fell in.


No comments:

Post a Comment