Monday, March 26, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 8


Leukos
God Damn this is some rough shit.” I complained, stretching my arms from the last trap.

Yeah, its almost like the maze is alive.” Neko said, checking our new set of options. “Three paths. Crossroads all over again.” She said.

I don't think a single one of them is safe...”

Yeah, screwed no matter what.”

Guys?” I heard a familiar voice and looked down the left path. “Antigon, er Pah!” I said; confused for a moment. Pahhur was walking towards us, but he looked exactly how he did before the lights. Short black hair, slightly overweight and an unshaven face.

You're... normal?” I said, immediately cautious.

Yeah, I fell into some sorta weird trap, and by the time I got out I was completely fine again.” He said, half-grinning. “You guys can still call me Pah though. I know I used to hate that name, but well I got used to it in the last few months.”

Well, I guess it's a good thing you found us then.” I said, walking up to get a closer look.

Yeah!” He pulled me into a hug. “I missed you guys! It's god awful down here, and smells like ass.” I got free of his grip, and nodded.

What kind of trap did you say you were caught in?” Neko asked suspiciously. I moved to one side, wondering the same.

Well it was this really big machine, I was cuffed to it and it was like my powers were being drained away. When they went, I was left like this.” He said, looking a little upset.

So you're completely normal then...” Neko said.

Not to mention it sounds like Avarus.” I said.

Right, he's the only one we know of who can drain our energies.”

Which means Pah needs to be defended now, and Avarus is even stronger.” I said.

It also tells us who's home we're invading. Come on, things just got a lot worse!” Neko said, choosing a direction at random.

We have to find the others, and be careful of any other traps like that one.” Pah said chasing after us. However it wasn't long before he was breathing heavily and we had to slow down to allow him to keep up. “Sorry guys.” He said between exhaling. “I'm just gonna slow you down like this. Head on without me.”

No way, you just got back to normal, and honestly you'd just find more trouble if we left you alone.” I said.

Speaking of trouble...” Neko said, skidding to a stop. Ahead of us was a small troop of Solarus.

Great, now we know.” I said, forming a bow in my hands and letting off a few arrows into the crowd. Unlike what normally happened, a thin mist seemed to be left behind from the decimated remains. Shapes forms, looking like people and hesitated a moment before being pulled through the walls.

Let's keep moving.” Neko said after a moments silence.


No comments:

Post a Comment