Monday, March 19, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 5

Next

Neko
Come on Neko! Moot's here!” I blinked a little. The living room looked the same as it always had, a little messy, especially since people always were over. But that's the problem with being popular isn't it. I smiled a little as I answered the door and accepted Moot away from his twin bodyguards. He looked so regal stepping slowly through the doorway. I counted the seconds as I closed the door.

He had already torn off his overcoat and was slumped over a couch teasing our cats with some string.

So what're we up to today?” I thought for a moment, the others would be over soon. “Well we could set up a movie while we wait.

Dibs on the bed!”

You know that bed can fit all of us right!” I called after him and sighed as I went over in my head who would be arriving. Jato, Lark, Zephos, Steel, Pah... wait.. who? I shook my head as the stray name seeped through. I could smell the chili mom was making, maybe it was making me hallucinate.

How 'bout Phantom!” Moot was calling to me, and I shook myself out of my stupor to go join him. As I opened the door to my room, all I saw was static, stretching out into infinity; and Moot sitting there, smiling back at me. I blinked and my room was back. The all encompassing bed, the shelves of memorabilia, the HD screen hung a little too high on the wall.

I stretched out on my bed, and started watching. It was one of the groups favorite movies, the others would probably be upset I started without them; but I needed to distract Moot. With a little cajoling we started singing along as the play slowly unfolded into its final acts.

As the movie reached its climatic moment and the phantom called out to Christine I felt rather than heard some sort of explosion around me. The static engulfed my world for a second before I was surrounded by darkness.

I coughed a little and discovered the darkness was actually smoke. My hand felt glass in front of me, and I pushed. Air rushed out suddenly, taking the smoke with it. I coughed a little as I crawled out of what was a small capsule. Everything came back at once; the light, Pahhur, the tower, the cave... We had gotten pulled in. I heard another capsule opening nearby and saw Leukos pulling himself out, coughing heavily.

Neko?” He shook a little, clearing his head.

We're in that cave aren't we.” I nodded. “Shit. What was that?”

The first trap?” I guessed.

Then why'd we get out?” He started examining the capsule while I looked around. There were high brown walls on either side, stretching out until the turned into multiple pathways. We were boxed in, and it looked depressingly like some sort of maze.

Huh. Look here, the wire's burned out.”

Must be an old trap.” I said. “But we're not out of the woods yet. Look.” He turned to and realized his surroundings.

Well... Shit.”

Yeah, probably laced with more traps too.” I said. I sniffed at the air, trying to catch the scent of the others, but the air was dead here. All I could smell was rot and dust.
 
Next

No comments:

Post a Comment