Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dimensional Warriors Fan Fiction: Battle Beneath the Tower Chapter 11


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

Ranma
Solarus were obviously built for their numbers, not their strength. This thought occurred to me as my fist tore clean through what must have been my hundredth kill today. I say kill, but I have to wonder; all thats in them is an already dead soul, right? Not really killing anything, just more like demolition. Anyway, a large group of us got all the way up to the tower without too much trouble.

As I prepared to head up I noticed the base of the tower was already crawling with Mobians and Demons. Up the stairs I could see Sonic and InuYasha leading the pack. To the north I could see Ichigo on his way as well, so I bounded up to help out with taking the stairs.

As we went up Sonic suddenly shushed the group, pointing to a door. With a few seconds of silence we could hear someone yelling.

I don't care what the repercussions are, activate the Crystals or we're all going to die here!”

Eggman.” Sonic muttered. “Lets get 'im!” He yelled, kicking the door in. I piled in after him to see a rather fat, bald man standing as if waiting for us.

Oh ho! I thought you might be alive. Especially since Shadow was still running around last I checked; unless the General Sai got him? No I guess I wouldn't be that lucky. Still you are too late Hedgehog!” He half turned to the panel behind him. “As you can see I was tasked by a powerful force to awaken this egg; now watch its birth into this world, and my ascension into godhood!” He slammed his fist onto a panel, and a podium behind him lit up. On it I could see the three missing Chaos Crystals, and in the center a black orb.

I felt a tug in my pocket, and reached down. The Chaos Crystal I had been given was pulling away.

Shit!” I wasn't the only one either, Sonic, InuYasha and Ichigo were all scrambling to hold onto the crystals left in their care.

What's this!?” Eggman watched as the crystals slowly moved towards each other, as if obeying their own will. He seemed to realize he was in danger and fled into a hidden door.

Slowly the crystals gathered around the black orb, it began glowing with a black light and then it started to grow. Soon a body was visible, human, pale and thin. The orb became a dark robe, gently lying over this unhealthy looking person. He hovered in front of us for a moment, his face emotionless, then without a hint of his motives he flew upwards, through the ceiling.

We gotta stop that thing!” Ichigo yelled, beginning to charge towards the stairs again. As we went up we spotted a room where Leukos and Zephos had crashed a ship, behind us Neko and Thorium paused.

You guys go on ahead, we'll handle things here.” They said, slipping into the room. We continued upward.

Wah hahaha! Again you step into my trap Hedgehog!” Eggman was sitting in a small pod in the center of the circular room, no sign of the creature could be seen.

Where's that thing that was inside the orb!” InuYasha yelled.

So you think you can best me again Hedgehog?” I scowled, finally tired of this lunatic I charged into the room. He grinned and tapped a few buttons on his controls. The entire room lit up, tubing flooded the room, knocking me off my feet and connecting itself to his pod. The air was thick with long tentacle-like appendages.

As a small group of us gathered, trying to figure out how to handle this threat, the ceiling pulled itself off, floating into the air and drenching us in rain. I felt my body shift as I was drenched.

P-Chan!” I heard Akane yell suddenly behind me.

Dammit Akane! What are you doing here!” I yelled turning to see her cuddling Ryoga's cursed form.

I was so worried, what are you doing here!”

Now's not the time to be coddling him! I think 'P-Chan' should head out to the cliffs and get out of the way!” I said giving a dangerous look to Ryoga's cursed form. He nodded his little head and hopped out of Akane's arms.

Be careful!” she called after him. As he disappeared down the stairs I felt my body becoming heavier, it seemed everyone at the top felt it.

That... That pressure, it's like spiritual pressure back where I come from.” Ichigo said, showing obvious effort in standing up.

The orb, whatever was in it is up in there now!” Goku said, having landed some time ago. “And it's just growing in strength.” I could see energy radiate from him as he took off towards the adrift piece of rock.

Someone's gotta stay behind and deal with Eggman.” Sonic said.

Don't worry, I'll handle him.” Shadow said, patting Sonic on the shoulder. “You go on up there. I doubt Goku can handle that alone.” Sonic nodded and launched himself upwards, I saw him grip onto a piece of rubble and spring up the falling chunks towards the rock. Mentally I could see my own path up. Ichigo suddenly flew up after the others as well, followed closely by a chain of Naruto clones.

Keh, they aren't leaving me outta this.” InuYasha said, taking off towards the rubble.

I'm going to end this!” Luffy yelled, stretching out and clamping onto the platform. Yusuke quickly grabbed onto his back and was carried up with the rubberman.

Ranma...” I turned to see Akane, looking determinately at me. “Go for it. I can handle things here, you know I'm stronger now.”

Akane.”

Go, you're place is up there. They'll need your help.” I was reluctant, but she was right. I nodded and found my path, leaping up after the others.


No comments:

Post a Comment