Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dimensional Warriors Fan Fiction: Battle Beneath the Tower Chapter 8



This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

Sango
And you know what, we are the Goddamned Human Race, so we're gonna get our butts down there and kick some fucking ass!” I had questioned letting Yusuke give the rally, but it hadn't been too bad, except for all of the cursing. Energy was high as we moved towards the cliff, ready to take on whatever came our way. Even so I knew I was distracted. Miroku, bless him, had refused to stay behind; despite the fact that since the curse of the wind tunnel was gone he was now useless in battle. Yeah he had decent energy reserves and could fight, but that wasn't nearly enough to put him so close to the front lines. Somehow he had convinced the leaders to let him do this; but I allowed it only on the condition that he stay near me. If he was going to be reckless, I was going to be there to save him; like always.

As we approached the front lines, all hell broke loose. I recognized several demon types in the throng and immediately let my Hiraikotsu cleave into the front; behind me a barrage of other projectiles flew out, soon the air was thick with weaponry, whether it was the terrifyingly deadly bullets, or smaller things like knives or darts, or even energy blasts. Ahead I could see Yusuke, Ranma, Goku, Luffy and Naruto cleaving a huge path through the enemy forces; the variety of powers and abilities left what could only be called devastation in its wake.

I turned my attention away from them, trying to find the worst of the fighting. I spotted something moving in the distance and moved towards it.

As I approached I could see it was a mass of darkness, almost like a viscous fluid it cut its way through Solarus and Human alike; my first impression of its size was nothing. As I threw my Hiraikotsu into the beast it reared up, towering over the field before a single eye came to rest on me. I felt miniscule, cold sweat ran down my back. I trembled, but forced myself to move against this monstrosity. It lashed out against me, trying to catch me, drag me in. I cut using both my Hiraikotsu and my concealed blade; but it was undeterred and soon I felt a tendril cut across my face.

Without realizing it, I was trapped. It lifted me up slowly, looking like it wanted to savor me; big mistake. I turned my blade downward and stabbed at the thin part of the tendril. It let out a shriek of pain and threw me to the ground. I felt bones rearrange themselves as I landed hard; but this was no time for pain. I got up, wincing as I took breath.

Over here!” Miroku? I saw him rushing to join the battle; staff out. With amazingly fast movement he knocked away the approaching tendrils as he closed the distance between us. “Are you alright?” He barely whispered as he helped me up.

I'll be fine.” I said hesitating. “But you need to get out of here...” He held up his hand to silence me.

Trust me. You've done your part, let me take it from here.” He said. He was staring directly at the thing with a burning intensity. I unconsciously stepped back. He began wading in towards the thing, his staff a blur as he knocked away the oncoming attacks; he got almost right up to the bulk of the creature and removed a familiar set of beads from his hand.

Wind Tunnel!” He nearly planted his hand directly into the thing, but just as he said an amazing suction came out of the palm of his hand, the beast could do nothing to resist the suction as Miroku drew it in, bit by bit. The thing struggled horribly against the slaughter as he drew it steadily inwards. It lashed at him desperately, but he simply stood there, taking blow after blow, even as blood streaked down his face. Finally the beast gave out a final unholy shriek before being silenced forever.

The tunnel closed and Miroku retied his beads. He was breathing heavily as I rushed closer to him.

The wind tunnel!? How? Why? Naraku is dead!” He just smiled up at me and sat down.

It's not the real thing.” He paused for a moment. “I learned it from training with Kakashi; he taught me the technique and Tech built a little something for me to draw things into. But it takes a lot of energy to do, and that was a big one.” He looked like he was on the verge of passing out.

Then the rosary?”

Unnecessary, it just felt right to me.” I could help but giggle a little.

I guess old habits die hard.” Even as I spoke I felt his hand caressing my butt.


No comments:

Post a Comment