Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 6


“Move it!” I hissed, pushing Leukos past the latest in a series of traps. I slipped nimbly past the slots in the wall as the scythe blades slid past behind me.

“Well, obviously most of this place is still working.” Leukos grumbled.

“Yeah, we can also tell he's one for the classics.” I said, watching as the blades settled back down.

“Arrows, pits, walls... What else is down here?” Leukos said, counting off his fingers.

“We better not stay still for too long.” I said, pushing forward.

“I hope the others have been doing okay...”

“They'll be fine Leukos. We all pulled our weight in that last battle. If the only thing down here is a bunch of cheesy traps, then this should be a cakewalk.” As she said that the ceiling ahead slammed shut.

“Dead end...” I turned around and the path behind us had been sealed as well.

“I guess we'll have to bust our way out.” I began bulking my arms up and moving towards the first wall when I felt my foot start to slip. I moved backwards and caught myself in time; a pit had opened between us and the far wall.

“Neko!” I turned as the walls moved away from us, leaving us on a small pillar above the dark pits. The lights above suddenly turned up, filling the room and illuminating the spikes below.

“No fair...” I said, sitting down.

We pondered our predicament for a while, with no room to get momentum I couldn't even make a jump. There wasn't even enough room to really fly.

“Ah... I think I have an idea.” I turned to Leukos. “But you have to trust me.”

“Okay...”

“Now bulk up and prepare to hit that wall.” He said smiling as he drew out his small pole. Electricity pulsed towards me, wrapping around my body and forming something of a harness. He tested it, tugging a little; before bodily lifting me and throwing me out over the pit; away from my intended wall. My back shuddered as the line went taunt, he immediately began swinging me in small circles. I recovered my wits enough to finish bulking up my arms just as he loosened the length and sent me flying towards the far wall. I felt the stone crash around my arms as I went clean through. Quickly I gripped the line and pulled Leukos through after me.

We both collapsed as soon as it was obviously safe. I let myself go rigid against the cool wall, hoping my head would stop spinning soon.

“Okay, so still technically a classic... But that was evil.” Leukos said. I nodded.

“Yeah, come on. We need to keep moving. I don't want to go through that again.” He sat up after me, and the two of us continued into the winding pathways.


No comments:

Post a Comment