Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dimensional Warriors Fan Fiction: Battle Beneath the Tower Chapter 10


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

Renji
Bankai!” I called to my blade as I charged through the swarm of Solarus; mere meters away from the high wall. In a single motion my now enormous blade swept low, following my thoughts, and smashed into the stone.

The path is clear! Push in!” I heard the order come from behind and charged forward, Solarus were scrambling all over to try and block the gap. They fell easily and we were in.

The city was packed with demons and machines, all intent on stopping our advance; all too weak to make a difference. But as I swung out, something stopped my blade. I looked across the clearing, spotting a silver armored creature. Twin long blades extended from its wrists. Large gaps were missing from the armor, filled with only air. It pushed back against my bankai, shifting it to one side before walking out from under my behemoth blade.

To your left!” I heard Byakuya scolding me from behind as a small wave of his own bankai appeared to one side. I saw another silver creature hesitating on the other side. Byakuya stepped next to me, obviously focused on the one to my left. I quickly returned my attention to the one in front, only to come face to face with the thing.

I stepped backwards on instinct, the creature's blade cut deep into my side. I swung my blade, forcing the creature to jump to avoid the wide blow. To my left Byakuya had engaged the other one more directly, and it was proving to be just fast enough to avoid his attacks.

I tried to make some distance between myself and my assailant, but it rapidly cut off my escape routes at every turn. Desperate I drew my blade in close to make, forcing the extreme length to coil around my body, shielding me. With a few quick strikes it separated the pieces of my blade and closed in again. There was no way I could win at this range; and I retreated again, leaping cleanly onto the surrounding buildings. I spotted Byakuya having similar trouble nearby, and I caught his eye.

In a flash of insight I knew what to do. I swung my blade out, abandoning all defense as the pieces reconnected, energy pulsing through the entire blade. In an instant the head of my sword caught the silver creature, tormenting Byakuya, in its jaw.

Hikotsu Taiho!” I called, funneling energy down Zabimaru's length, where at the end it formed a wide beam, encompassing its target and disintegrating it. In the same moment, the creature that had been tormenting me had come up and was seconds away from slicing me in two when it vanished inside a cloud of Byakuya's cherry blossoms.

Let's continue to the tower.” He said, appearing next to me. I tied some cloth to my side and nodded.


No comments:

Post a Comment