Monday, March 5, 2012

Dimensional Warriors Fan Fiction: Battle Beneath the Tower Chapter 9


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

Piccolo
I could feel my blood pulse as familiar lusts ran through my body, battle, blood, glory; things I had for a long time now repressed ever since reuniting my split body. Now however, these feelings would be one of my greatest weapons. I marched in alongside the Demon tribes, though I had long disillusioned myself of being a demon, I still looked demonic enough for the humans to shun me.

Leading the murderous pack were some of the stronger fighters, InuYasha, Sesshoumaru, Hiei and Kurama, to name a few of the ones I recognized. Once the signal was sent out, the creatures around me scrambled forward towards the fight, already succumbing to their instincts. I took to the skies, wanting to pick a tactical position to let loose in.

I rapidly spotted a problem area; near the base of the wall was a small group of roughly five Solarus, their black armor striped with golden lines. Rather than wielding the usual array of guns, they were launching waves of light into the oncoming crowd; forcing the frontrunners back as they tried to block the blows. I took advantage of my flight, staying out of range long enough to drop straight down on the group.

They moved away from my landing site and surrounded me. I felt rather than looked for the first movement, predictably it came from behind. I shifted to one side, letting a piercing beam of light fly through my white cloak and sped towards one of the other ones. It simply griped the blast, redirecting it back towards me. I shifted quickly again, this time looking to get within striking distance of one of them; but they circled slowly out of reach, reflecting the blast again towards me; before another one opened fire.

It didn't take them long to realize the only way to pressure me was to have five of these blasts flying around at once, and even then I was barely breaking a sweat. Still, they shared the normal Solarus' endurance and had no sign of fatigue as they continued to fire at me.

I took a spare moment to focus a little energy as a test and fired. Sure enough, the Solarus blocked the attack and threw it back at me. It was physical attacks or bust, so I grabbed my weighted turban and tossed it towards the closest one. Immediately I used my heightened speed to gain on one of them, easily puncturing its armor with my hand.

With another clean movement I removed my slightly shredded cape, taking out a second one in the process. The other three quickly clumped together, uniting their hands to fire a much larger blast of light. I sidestepped a good distance, before closing the gap again, finishing off the remaining three in one clean blow.

Only then did I realize there was a collection of normal Solarus, sights leveled on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment