Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 7


Odin
Just... Get through...” I told Anatos as I pushed my body against the collapsing ceiling; third in a line of classic traps. As soon as the little guy was out of the way I focused on the stone beneath me, pulling the floor up around me to hold the ceiling. “Whew. Spiked walls, Boulders, now this...” I said, breathing heavily.

Yeah, whoever is down here they want to keep people out.” Anatos said, as his eyes shifted over the paved stone that made up this dreary maze.

At least the wires were burned out on that first trap, we might've never woken up...” I said, standing back up and ready to go. We continued onward at a slow pace, partially keeping an eye out for more traps and partially because Anatos was already showing signs of weariness. “Here, let me carry you for a bit, you look like you need to rest.”

No, I'm fine. I'm not going to be stopped by a simple maze.” He said before using his staff to chug some water. I just sighed.

Alright, the offers open whenever...” I fell.

Wha!” Anatos was falling alongside me, there just seemed to be darkness ahead of us. I tried to reach out for something I could manipulate, but I found nothing. An eternity seemed to pass, I felt weightless in the air, tumbling. Anatos leveled his staff in front of him and began spraying water ahead of us. The water almost immediately turned around and drenched him before flying even further upwards. “Can you feel the walls?”

No, they're too far away.” I said.

I don't think we're falling anymore...”

Yeah I get the same feeling.”

I think we're stuck here.” I tried to spin around, trying to reach something. Strangely there was still wind, my hair was being whipped back, but I had to agree with Anatos; we weren't actually moving.

We pondered for a while, before Anatos finally started moving.

I have an idea.” He grabbed onto my leg and began climbing me, pushing himself against the wind until he was in front of me. “Hold your breath!” He said, spinning his staff; slowly at first, then by the time it was barely a blur in front of us water began pouring out; filling my vision. The water of course began pouring straight up, the force of which began pushing us upwards; soon I could feel us gaining momentum as we flew straight up.

We shifted a little and fell out of the spray back onto solid ground. Anatos collapsed next me, breathing heavily. I was busy trying to refill my lungs as well when I heard something moving in the tunnels. With a last cough I forced myself to my feet, drawing my blade. Metudo turned the corner and stopped.

Anatos!” He said running in and checking over his brother's body. “Are you alright?” Anatos took a deep breath and sat up.

Yeah, I'll be fine. What about you?”

Don't sit up, you need to rest for now.” Metudo said, pushing him back down. He looked over at me. “You too. You look like you've been through hell.” I sat down, letting my breathing steady itself.

Looks like you're no worse off for wear, considering all the traps around here.”

I must've gotten lucky.” He said, still checking over Anatos. “You're gonna be okay Anatos. We'll get out of this, right?” Anatos smiled a little.

We'd better get moving.” I said, seeing color returning to Anatos' face.

He's still not recovered, we should stay put and let him rest.” Metudo said deftly.

He's well enough, if he needs to rest more I'll carry him.” Metudo gave me a cross look and then agreed.

Hey, can you walk?”

I'm fine Metudo.” Anatos said, getting right up and moving to the front. I sighed as the three of us began moving back down the winding paths.


No comments:

Post a Comment